The ASWC Faculty Liaison sits on the Executive Council, and works closely with Whitman faculty and the ASWC President. The Faculty Liaison is a new position to ASWC, and is intended to increase communication between the student body and faculty regarding issues that relate to academics, tenure, and student-faculty relations. This is a full-year position.
Key duties include:
- Sitting on the Executive Council and going to Senate meetings
- Initiating and attending meetings with faculty members from a variety of disciplines
- Working with ASWC Senators and Executive Council members to write any relevant legislation
- Starting and leading a committee, if deemed necessary
Necessary skills include:
- Passion for the Whitman community and academics
- Willingness to devote significant time and effort to spearheading initiatives
- Self-starter who is able to work productively with minimal supervision
- Excellent organization and attention to detail
- Leadership intangibles: personable, engaging, and professional
- Ability to execute ideas and plan effectively
- Innovative problem solver
We’re looking for is someone who is dedicated to making substantial, positive change on the Whitman campus, with the support of the ASWC President and ASWC as a whole. This is a paid (stipend) position. Further questions about the job can be directed to ASWC President-elect, Tatiana Kaehler, at email@example.com. The application can be found here and must be submitted by Friday, May 2nd at 5 pm.